What is Vodka Martini? All That You Need To Know
Oct 08, 2020
A vodka martini is one of the most popular drinks at any party. It is an instant crowd favorite. Undoubtedly, it has some of the best alcohol flavors to please the taste buds. A vodka martini is a cocktail made from vodka and vermouth topped with ice for the best flavors. This is the most basic combination for such a cocktail. There are other variations of this exciting cocktail, which attract a lot of attention across the globe.
However, a lot of people claim that it is a fine drink and not exactly a true martini. They suggest that a martini comes from gin. Either way, a vodka martini is sure to be a hit at a party!
How To Prepare Vodka Martini?
A martini is made from some basic ingredients. All you need is vodka, dry vermouth, and ice, all mixed in a cocktail shaker. The idea is to chill ingredients by continuous stirring or shaking. This distributes the temperature and the flavors across the ingredients. The cocktail glass is also chilled prior to serving the drink.
Once the ingredients are well mixed up in the cocktail shaker, they are then strained and poured out in the cocktail glass. While the drink is ready at this point in time, you can garnish it with some exciting additions. Olive is a favorite for garnishing this cocktail. You could also add a strip of a lemon peel or cocktail onions to give it a nice twist of flavors!
Why Drink A Vodka Martini?
A martini brings some rather useful advantages to the table. Here is why consuming a vodka martini could have positive impacts on your health:
- Vermouth has high medicinal significance. Its origin dates back to the fifth century. This is essentially a wine that is flavored with herbs, barks, and peels. Effectively, it makes it a very healthy drink. In fact, it became famous as a medicinal wine or tonic. Thus, vermouth is very good for health.
- The Greek physician Hippocrates initially suggested vermouth as a medicine for diseases like jaundice, rheumatism, and anemia.
- The Vodka martini is a low-calorie drink. In fact, at any party, this is your chance to enjoy a drink without having to worry about the calories. While a pint of beer comes with 180 calories, a glass of red mine contains 170 calories. But if you consider a typical vodka martini, it comes with 127 calories only!
- The vodka component in a vodka martini is useful for curing a number of different ailments within the body. These include issues ranging from a headache to a common cold. Thus, when mixed with vermouth, the vodka martini can help cure these ailments.
- The vodka in vodka martini works as an effective antiseptic as well. It can protect the body against infections from animal bites and the likes.
Vodka Martini Recipes
Vodka martinis can produce different tastes and flavors by changing one ingredient alone. This is primarily because vodka’s clean flavor allows you to mix it with any fruity ingredient to take in its taste. Here are some of the interesting and easy vodka martini recipes:
Woo Woo Cocktail
This cocktail comes with an interesting name and an exciting flavor. This fruity drink combines the flavors of vodka, peach schnapps, and cranberry. Garnish it with a lime wedge to get the perfect vodka martini for your party!
The Lotus Blossom is another unique Vodka martini that turns out to be a crowd favorite everywhere. This is a very delicate, Asian-inspired drink, which is not very difficult to prepare.
So, if you are looking to make the right vodka flavors in a quick party, the Lotus Blossom would be the ideal option. The basic ingredients include lychee nuts, simple syrup, lime wedge, pear vodka, sake, and a pear slice for garnish.
The one word that best describes this particular vodka martini is refreshing. It takes 3 minutes to prepare this simple drink. All you need is a set of three ingredients to get you ready. Simple syrup, melon vodka, and fresh cucumber are all you need to make this light vodka martini perfect for a brunch or an outdoor barbeque. It has all the strong flavors required for a classic vodka martini.
As the name suggests, this cocktail packs quite the punch with the exciting coconut flavors. While there are a number of different recipe preparations available for this drink, the simplest one involves vanilla vodka, coconut rum, and coconut cream.
Adding a little pineapple can counter the otherwise sweet flavors in the drink. All put together; this forms a creamy and frothy drink that has the best tropical flavors.
This is a popular item in the dessert section in many restaurants across the globe. The primary ingredients here include vodka, espresso coffee, coffee liqueur, and sugar syrup. The primary preparation involves a shake of the espresso shot with the other ingredients and served in a martini glass. The garnish here is a set of thee coffee beans for the perfect flavor mix.
This is a more recent addition to the vodka martini cabinet. Since its inception in the 2000s, this is a pomegranate-flavored drink. It is one of the most popular three-ingredient drinks now. This includes pomegranate, vodka, and tequila.
As a result, one shot of this vodka martini provides 85 calories only. Overall, it has a gently sweetened flavor with a tartness to counteract the sweetness. This drink is easy to make and is the perfect addition to a quick party!
While the basic concept of a martini remains the same, there are multiple versions of this drink. You can experiment with the ingredients and mix them up in different ways to produce new tastes and flavors. The presentation is key for any cocktail. So, irrespective of how you make your vodka martini, make sure you garnish it well to generate the best flavors!