Vodka Watermelon- Pristine All-Natural Vodka
Feb 07, 2018
An All-Natural Vodka Summer Spectacular
Ah, summer. That magical time of year when we trade our sweaters, boots, and lattes for sunglasses, sandals, and lighter refreshments. Is there anything more quintessentially Summer than watermelon? Slightly sweet in taste and delightful in colors from soft yellow to ruby red, a refreshing mouthful of watermelon, in any form, is sure to remind you of the good life. Whether it’s a pristine summer day or you’re just wishing for one, this simple mixed drink with all-natural vodka feels sophisticated and is sure to hit the spot.
For a taste of summer, no matter the time of year, Mixologist Samantha Parker has crafted this beautiful and mouthwatering cocktail. Combining fresh watermelon juice, a little simple syrup, and Pristine all-natural Vodka, this mix hits all the right notes. Thank you, Samantha, for this melon-tastic delight!
You’ll want to start off with a good amount of watermelon juice. For one serving of this divine cocktail, you’re going to need 2 and ½ ounces. But let’s be honest…you’re probably going to want more than one!
So how does one go about getting watermelon juice? It is surprisingly uncommon to find it commercially prepared, and when you do, it is prohibitively expensive. This is strange, because watermelon is such a juicy fruit—in fact, an average watermelon is made up of 91% water—so extracting juice should be a fairly straightforward process with a high yield. In fact, it is; it’s much simpler, cheaper, and honestly healthier too, to just buy some watermelon and do it yourself!
Here’s how to make your own watermelon juice:
- Start with a small to medium sized ripe watermelon, seedless if possible.
- Cut the watermelon into four parts
- Carefully pare off the rind and discard.
- If the watermelon is seeded, do your best to remove all of the seeds.
- Cut the watermelon into 2 to 3-inch chunks and place in a blender.
- Make sure the lid is secure before setting the blender to the “liquify” setting.
- Blend for one or two minutes, or until the large chunks are completely broken down.
- If you like pulp, just pour this mixture into a container with a tight-fitting lid and seal.
- If you prefer your drink to be free of pulp, use a fine-meshed strainer to remove particles as you pour the mixture into the container.
You can store your freshly made watermelon juice in your refrigerator for several days. Quick, easy, and delicious, you may find many more uses for it than just this one perfect cocktail.
- 21/2 ounces of Pristine Vodka
- 21/2 ounces of Watermelon juice
- 1/2 ounce of Simple Syrup
- 1 mint leaf
- Small watermelon wedge (optional for garnish)
In a cocktail shaker, combine ice, Pristine, watermelon juice, and simple syrup. Shake all ingredients well and until cool. Strain into a martini or highball glass. Garnish with mint leaf and/or watermelon wedge. For extra coolness and refreshment, muddle a bit of mint and place at the bottom of the glass before adding the mixture and garnish. And maybe top it off with a cocktail umbrella for good measure![ssba-buttons]