Dec 27, 2017
A taste straight from the homeland. Enjoy this recipe and relive a time long ago in one of the villages below the Carpathian Mountains!
- 1 cup of Pristine Vodka
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper (flakes)
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 basil (dried, add when adding Italian seasoning, or fresh, use 3 tbs and add at end)
- 1 tbs. of sugar
- 4 tbs. of parmesan and/or 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
(you can experiment with cheese of your choice)
- Salt, pepper and other spices to your taste
Make a past of your choice (spaghetti, linguini, etc.) Use a large sauce pan and heat the olive oil on medium heat and add in the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. Cook these until tender for approximately 2 minutes. Add the Pristine Vodka next and reduce the heat to about medium-low for 2-4 minutes. Next, add in crushed tomatoes, dried basil, sugar and Italian seasoning. Continue cooking for another 2-4 minutes. If you want to keep the sauce chunky, continue as is, if you want a smoother sauce, use either a food processor or an immersion blender. Next add the cheeses and continue to cook for 4-6 minutes. Last, add your previously cooked pasta and any final spices or add sprinkled cheese to taste. Enjoy.